Search This Blog

Friday 11 November 2011

Legal Mumbo Jumbo

I know we have to have rules otherwise we would be in France as Al Murray says.  But sometimes the T&C of a contract can be ridiculous and frankly pointless.  Take this wonderful sentence below I have found in a T&C of a contract I am entering.

Any undertaking by the Customer not to do any act or thing shall be deemed to include an undertaking that the Customer shall procure that any user of the Services (to include without limitation any employee, agent or contractor) shall not do such act or thing. 
I mean what does that mean?  I have read it 10 times now and I am still unsure to be honest. Do I really have to pay someone £100 an hour to decipher this for me?  Is that what six years of Law School does for the world?  If it is then go be a Doctor, they actually help people.

I did not even bother to find out what the definition of "thing" is.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment