Search This Blog

Friday 7 October 2011

Outlook 2010 - None of your email accounts could send to this recipient

I had a really good problem today with sending emails from Outlook 2010. The user could not send to an email address as each time it bounced back with a NDR instantly that said



From: System Administrator 
Sent: 07 October 2011 12:11 
Subject: Undeliverable: XYZ XYZ


Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.


 Subject: FW: XYZ XYX 
 Sent: 07/10/2011 12:11


The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:


'a.n.other@somedomain.com' on 07/10/2011 12:11 
 None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.


Everytime I sent an email this NDR turned up, I sent to the email from my Gmail and it went no problems, I sent to it from this Exchange Server in another session and it sent.  So I think it must be a Outlook 2010 issue for this user.  The problem turned out not to be the N2K file as this doesn't exist in Outlook 2010 but the properties and Internet Type of the email address.

To see this I opened an email, addressed it to the recipient and then double clicked the address and selected the View More options for interacting with this person and then Options.  In here I could see that the recipient email address was set to MAIL TO and not SMTP.  I changed it to SMTP and the message could be sent.

I real stickler this was to find but I am glad I got there in the end.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent this worked for us! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This worked for us! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How does this occur? What is the cause?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I have seen this it is when users have moved from one computer to another and they have continued to use the Auto Entries in Outlook rather than their address books. I can't say I know why it happens to be honest, only that you can fix the issue if it does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you try to send an email by clicking [mailto:xxxxx@xxxxx.com] then it will change to MAILTO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omw! Thank you very much. I've been struggling for weeks with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help someone else with this!

      Delete
  7. Thank you, worked for me too!

    ReplyDelete